Wife of Team India Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja joins BJPMarch 03, 2019
Jamnagar: Ahead of the Loksabha polls, Wife of Star all-rounder of team India Ravindra Jadeja, Rivaba today joined ruling BJP here and said that PM Narendara Modi was a source of inspiration for her.
She was included in the party by putting over the saffron scarf over her shoulders during a party event in this home-town of Jadeja in Gujarat in presence of Senior Party leader and Agriculture minister R C Faldu and MP Poonam Madam.
Later talking to newsmen She said that the working style and personality of PM Narendra Modi was a source of inspiration and motivation for her and that was why she had joined the party.
To a query about the possibility of her contesting LS polls as party candidate, she said that it was up to the party to take a call on it.
To another query she said that her husband had given full support to her decision. ‘It is still a male-dominated system and woman folk need to take permission from hubbies. However my husband has both given me permission as well as assured all support for the coming time. I want to do social service ,’ she said.
PM Modi will visit Jamnagar tomorrow to participate in various events.
Notably, caste based outfit Rajput Karni Sena, which hogged the limelight during its protests against film Padmavat, had appointed Rivaba, the president the woman wing of its Gujarat unit on October 19 last year.
The elder sister of Jadeja, Nainaba Jadeja had on February 5 joined politics and was appointment the western zone (Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan) in-charge of the newly floated National Women’s Party.
Rivaba, a native of Keshod in Junagadh and an engineering graduate, had married Jadeja in April 2016 and given birth to a girl child in June last year.
Jadeja is a native of Jamnagar and his family lives in both Jamnagar and Rajkot where he owns a restaurant based on cricket theme.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls