Ashok Leyland bags GSRTC order for supply of 1290 BusesMarch 08, 2019
Chennai: Ashok Leyland, flagship arm of the Hinduja Group, and India’s largest Bus manufacturer, today announced that it had bagged an order from GSRTC (Gujarat State Roadways Corporation) for 1290 buses. This order comes closely on the back of 2580 bus orders received from various state transport undertakings recently.
Ashok Leyland is currently the 4th largest manufacturer of buses in the world and India’s largest bus manufacturer. This order would further consolidate its leadership position.
Speaking on the win, Mr. Sanjay Saraswat, Senior Vice President, Global Buses, Ashok Leyland, said. “With this order, our order book for State Transport Undertakings is upwards of 3000 buses.”
Vinod K. Dasari, Managing Director, Ashok Leyland, said the company will continue maintain leadership position in buses in India.
- Scrapped note of Rs 500 and 1000 of face value of over 7 lakhs fished out of river Sabarmati in Gujarat
- Push a lotus button, and it will straight away go to Modi's account: PM in Amreli
- Banks decide to continue with bidding process to save cash-strapped Jet Airways
- Despite international nature of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, then UPA govt missed big opportunity to isolate Pakistan:Sushma Swaraj in Gujarat
- PM Narendra Modi in Amreli speaks in length on his bonds with Gujarat and People of Gujarat
- Have you seen any Congress leader's photo visiting Sardar saheb's Statue of Unity? : PM Modi asks people in Amreli