Talala and Unjha assembly by-polls in Gujarat to take place with Lok Sabha electionMarch 10, 2019
Gandhinagar: By-polls for two assembly seats in Gujarat, Talala and Unjha will be held along with Lok Sabha poll on April 23.
Talala seat is vacant following disqualification of outgoing Congress MLA Bhagabhai Barad, announced by assembly Speaker after Barad’s conviction in mining case with 2-year imprisonment ordered by local court in Sutrapada.
Unjha seat is vacant as outgoing Congress MLA Ashaben Patel resigned from the Congress party and also from the assembly before joining BJP.
There are few more assembly seats vacant in Gujarat. They are Halvad-Dhrangadhra and Manavdar. However outgoing MLAs on both seats resigned from Congress party and State assembly only last week and therefore the Election Commission of India has not be able to announce parallel by-poll for these seats along with Lok Sabha general election as of now.
- Modi to meet Trump, Macron, Abe and 7 others for bilateral at G20
- Gujarat govt. announces 'CNG Sahbhaagi Yojana' with aim to add 300 new CNG pumps in two years
- India submits bid to host 2023 IOC session in Mumbai
- PM Modi's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's Address in the Lok Sabha
- Around 150 students of School in Surat rescued during fire in a nearby factory
- US-Iran situation one of difficult international issues, stand on the basis of national interest: MEA Jaishankar