By-polls for Manavdar and Dhrangadhra assembly seats on April 23March 13, 2019
Gandhinagar: By-polls for Dhrangadhra and Manavadar assembly seats will be held on April 23 along with the Lok Sabha election.
The schedule of these by-polls will be same as Lok Sabha election. Counting will take place on May 23.
It should be mentioned here that Dhrangadhra Congress MLA Sabaria and Manvadar Congress MLA Jawahar Chavda resigned fromt he party and also from the assembly early this month to join BJP. Chavda has been made cabinet minister after he joined BJP.
While Chavda’s candidature as BJP candidate is certain, Sabaria’s candidature is not sure as of now.
By-polls for two more assembly seats namely Talala and Unjha are already declared along with Lok Sabha election.
Talala seat is vacant because of disqualification of outgoing Congress MLA Bhagabhai Barad following two years jail term given to him by Sutrapada court. Unjha seat is vacant because of outgoing Congress MLA Ashaben Patel’s resignation from BJP and also from assembly.
- PM Narendra Modi in Amreli speaks in length on his bonds with Gujarat and People of Gujarat
- Have you seen any Congress leader's photo visiting Sardar saheb's Statue of Unity? : PM Modi asks people in Amreli
- Congress got least number of seats in 2014, and now contesting least number of seats in 2019, no-one would go along with those who are sinking: PM in Amreli
- Live: PM Narendra Modi addressing BJP campaign rally in Amreli
- ACB nabs 3 including 2 Deputy Mamlatdars in Gujarat for taking bribe
- Amit Shah says BJP fielding Sadhvi Pragya against person who coined 'Hindu terror'