BJP observer rejects speculative reports in section of Gujarati media that PM Modi could contest from RajkotMarch 14, 2019
Rajkot: BJP observer for candidate-selection process for Rajkot Loksabha constituency in Gujarat, Babubhai Jebaliya today rejected the speculative reports in section of Gujarati media that PM Narendra Modi would be a contestant on Rajkot seat.
Jebaliya who along with other two observers Narhari Amin and Jayaben Thakkar was here to take sense of the party workers and others for selection of candidate for Rajkot seat, told media persons in reply to a question that he did not believe that PM Modi would be made candidate on this seat.
‘I don’t think so. He can contest from anywhere in the country and easily win. He is a leader of world-stature and was so popular due to his policies and work that he can win from wherever he contests,’ Jebaliya said.
PM Modi had in 2014 contested from two seats, one of them was Vadodara in Gujarat.
Rajkot like Vadodara is deemed one of the safest seats for BJP. Speculations were on that Modi this time would also contest from Rajkot seat apart from Varanasi.
Meanwhile, incumbent MP from the seat and former union minister Mohan Kundariya said that he would accept whatever decision the party takes.
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam, girls leave boys way behind
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel