BTP to contest 7 seats: Chhotu Vasava announces to put pressure on Congress for allianceMarch 15, 2019
Bharuch: Apparently in order to put pressure on Congress party, Bharatiya Tribal Party (BTP) leader Chhotu Vasava has made announcement to field seven candidates in upcoming Lok Sabha election.
Vasava made this announcement on social media and stated that party will field candidates on Valsad, Bardoli, Bharuch, Chhota Udepur, Dahod, Sabarkantha and Silvasa seats. All these seats are tribal populated. Barring Silvasa, all other seats are in Gujarat.
Vasava’s party has also started exercise of selection of candidates.
Congress and BTP are in alliance in Bharuch district panchayat and also in State assembly.
Vasava’s candidate will be able to cause damage to Congress candidates in tribal populated seats. On the other hand, if Congress succumbs further to Vasava and allocate few seats to BTP, Congress will finish its own base in tribal area and completely hand over the belt to BTP.
Vasava is close to senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel. Both belong to Bharuch district.
- PM Narendra Modi in Amreli speaks in length on his bonds with Gujarat and People of Gujarat
- Have you seen any Congress leader's photo visiting Sardar saheb's Statue of Unity? : PM Modi asks people in Amreli
- Congress got least number of seats in 2014, and now contesting least number of seats in 2019, no-one would go along with those who are sinking: PM in Amreli
- Live: PM Narendra Modi addressing BJP campaign rally in Amreli
- ACB nabs 3 including 2 Deputy Mamlatdars in Gujarat for taking bribe
- Amit Shah says BJP fielding Sadhvi Pragya against person who coined 'Hindu terror'