RBI cuts Repo rates by 25 bps to 6 pcApril 04, 2019
Mumbai:The Reserve Bank of India on Thursday cut the repo rate by 25 basis points to 6 per cent.
Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) stands adjusted to 5.75 per cent, and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 6.25 per cent.
Announcing the first bimonthly policy, Governor Shaktikanta Das said that RBI has maintained the policy stance neutral and lowered the retail inflation and GDP forecasts.
The MPC also decided to maintain the neutral monetary policy stance.
These decisions are in consonance with the objective of achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth.
This is the second consecutive rate cut by the RBI.
- Heart for transplant reaches hospital in Ahmedabad from Airport in just 22 minutes
- Sacked IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt gets life term in Custodial death case in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt. not to organize Shala Praveshotsav this year
- Gujarat govt to amend law for ban on e-cigarettes
- A committee to look into One Nation, One Election initiative
- School vans in Ahmedabad to remain on strike tomorrow: Vardhi Association