RBI cuts Repo rates by 25 bps to 6 pcApril 04, 2019
Mumbai:The Reserve Bank of India on Thursday cut the repo rate by 25 basis points to 6 per cent.
Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) stands adjusted to 5.75 per cent, and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 6.25 per cent.
Announcing the first bimonthly policy, Governor Shaktikanta Das said that RBI has maintained the policy stance neutral and lowered the retail inflation and GDP forecasts.
The MPC also decided to maintain the neutral monetary policy stance.
These decisions are in consonance with the objective of achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth.
This is the second consecutive rate cut by the RBI.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road