Manufacturing court order is new low for Rahul Gandhi: JaitleyApril 15, 2019
New Delhi: Reiterating that ‘the lower he sinks, the higher we rise’, senior BJP leader and Union Minister Arun Jaitley said it is a “new low” for Congress president Rahul Gandhi as he manufactured a court order for his political propaganda.
“To manufacture a Court order for a political propaganda is a new low for Rahul Gandhi. The lower he sinks, the higher we rise,” Jaitley tweeted.
Jaitley’s reaction came hours after the Supreme Court has said Mr Gandhi in the media on the Rafale case verdict were “incorrectly attributed” to the apex court.
The Union Finance Minister said dynast also comes under the purview of the Supreme Court and rewriting court orders are not permitted by the Indian democracy.
“In Rahul Gandhi’s politics, the Right to Free Speech includes the Right to Falsehood.
“Truth holds together. Falsehood falls apart. Rahul Gandhi needs to learn this preliminary lesson of public discourse,” he added.
Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court made it clear that Rahul Gandhi has “incorrectly attributed” the apex court in the media on the Rafale case verdict.
On April 10, Mr Gandhi claimed that the Supreme Court in its judgement said “Chowkidar Narendra Modi chor hain”.
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam, girls leave boys way behind
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel