Non-seasonal rain lowers temperatures considerably, weather becomes pleasant but mercury to rise again after 24 hoursApril 16, 2019
Ahmedabad: Even as the non-seasonal rain and hailstorm at several places in Gujarat, especially its Northern, central and Saurashtra region this afternoon lowered the temperatures considerably making the weather somewhat pleasant after the recent spell of untimely heat-waves, the met department has said that there would again be a rise in temperatures after 24 hours.
Maximum temperature across Gujarat today remained below 40 °C with most of the places seeing lower than 35 °C temperature. It was 4 to 5 degrees below normal.
In Ahmedabad city the maximum temperature at 35.2 °C (it has gone up to 43.7 a couple of days back) was 4.6 °C below normal.
The met bulletin said that there will be a fall in temperatures by 2 to 3 degrees during next 24 hours and thereafter there would be a gradual rise in it.
Under the influence of a cyclonic system over Rajasthan, light to moderate rain or thunderstorm and hailstorms happened in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Mahesana, Kheda, Anand, Mahisagar, Dahod, Aravalli, Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar; in the districts of Saurashtra namely Rajkot, Surendranagar and Morbi.
The spell of non-seasonal rain going on more or less for past two days was likely to stop from tomorrow.
The maximum and minimum temperatures and amount of rain (in mm till 6 pm in the evening) at various places in Gujarat today was as follows –
PORBANDAR 32.1 24.0 ,0.0 (rain figure), AHMEDABAD 35.2 26.7, 1.8 RAJKOT 34.5 24.1, 0.6 DEESA 32.5 24.8, 3.7 VERAVAL 32.0 24.8, 0.0
GANDHINAGAR 34.8 24.2, traces DIU 35.6 22.2, 0.0 SURENDRANAGAR 34.0 25.0, 2.8 V.V. NAGAR 34.9 26.8, 0.0 VADODARA 36.8 27.0, 0.0 BHUJ 33.4 23.4, 0.0 SURAT 37.0 28.0, 0.0 K. VALSAD 36.4 23.1, 0.0 NALIYA 31.6 23.4, 0.0 KANDLA PORT 35.1 24.1,0.0 AMRELI 38.0 25.2, 0.0 KANDLA AIRPORT 35.0 24.2,0.0 BHAVNAGAR 35.6 27.8, 0.0 DWARKA 29.5 25.2, 0.0.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls