Sidhu the friend of PM Imran was acting as broker of Pakistan:Gujarat CM RupaniApril 17, 2019
Valsad: Hitting out at cricketer turned politician, Congress leader and Punjab minister Navjot Singh Sidhu for his reported appeal to Muslim community during a rally in Bihar to unitedly vote to oust the Modi government, Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani today said that he was a broker of Pakistan.
Talking to newsmen here Rupani said that the statement of Sidhu clearly showed how Congress was involved in appeasement of minorities and doing communal politics.
He said that Sidhu had also given pro-Pakistan statements in the past and even after Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF Jawans were martyred.
Rupani said that Sidhu was working as a dalal (broker) of Pakistan posing him as a friend of PM Imran Khan.
Interestingly, Rupani’s statement has come on a day when Sidhu is doing campaign for Congress in Gujarat.
Addressing a meeting in Dholka of Ahmedabad district Sidhu alleged that Modi government was not working for common people but was working for big corporates.
‘The NPA of banks which was just Rs 2 lakh crores during then PM Manmohan Singh’s tenure has now gone up to Rs 17 lakh crores. Modi government has failed to provide water to the needy people and employment to youths. 25 lakh government posts were lying vacant but the government was not giving jobs to youths who can be seen with a mobile in every nook and corner. The government should not try to threaten me and others. It was waging war against opponents from AC chambers and not in the people’s court,’ he said.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls