Scrapped note of Rs 500 and 1000 of face value of over 7 lakhs fished out of river Sabarmati in GujaratApril 18, 2019
Ahmedabad: Amid election season, police in Ahmedabad today fished out scrapped old notes of Rs 500 and 1000 of face value of approximately more than seven lakhs from Sabarmati river in the city.
Police said that base on an information the notes which were made invalid during the demonetization in November 2016, were recovered from the river close to a bridge on Dudheshwar area in the city.
Police said that the notes were wet and have so far been roughly counted and were over Rs 7 lakh in face value.
It was not yet know as to who had thrown it the river.
- Modi to meet Trump, Macron, Abe and 7 others for bilateral at G20
- Gujarat govt. announces 'CNG Sahbhaagi Yojana' with aim to add 300 new CNG pumps in two years
- India submits bid to host 2023 IOC session in Mumbai
- PM Modi's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's Address in the Lok Sabha
- Around 150 students of School in Surat rescued during fire in a nearby factory
- US-Iran situation one of difficult international issues, stand on the basis of national interest: MEA Jaishankar