5 detained in connection with ruckus in Hardik’s Nikol public meeting: PoliceApril 20, 2019
Ahmedabad: Police has detained 5 supporters of PAAS leader Alpesh Kathiria in in connection with the protest and ruckus in an election rally of Congress in Nikol in which Hardik Patel was also present.
DCP Akshayraj Makwana told newsmen that the five detained were residents of Surat and were members of PAAS’ Alpesh group. The group itself had made arrangements for their stay in a farm house in Ahmedabad.
He said that the five who had been detained said that they had protested to raise the issue of jailed Alpesh as well as cases lodged against them during quota agitation.
He said that it was not correct to say that there was any attack on Hardik today.
‘Protest started when Hardik rose to deliver his speech and he completed it too,’ the DCP said.
He said that there was complete peace in Nikol and police had also done flag march in the area.
He said that so far no complaint has been lodged against those detained.
Detailed investigation was on.
Earlier PI Nikol H B Zala said that there were in all 10 to 12 people on the spot of whom 5 were detained.
- Exit polla guve 23 to 26 seats to BJP in Gujarat
- Gujarat CM reacts to exit polls result, expresses confidence to win all 26 Lok Sabha seats
- Air India plane to Muscat makes emergency landing at Jamnagar Air Force base
- Exit polls suggest NDA government led by Narendra Modi to continue
- Six journalists honored with Narad Award in a function in Gujarat
- ACB nabs deputy Mamlatdar red handed taking bribe in Central Gujarat