Congress submits application in speaker’s office seeking dismissal of rebel MLA Alpesh ThakorApril 25, 2019
Gandhinagar: Congress today submitted an application in Gujarat Assembly Speaker Rajendra Trivedi’s office here demanding dismissal of Thakor Sena leader Alpesh Thakor from the MLA post and therefore membership of the house.
Party MLA from Kalol Baldevji Thakor who along with MLA from Khedbrahma and Congress’ chief whip in the assembly Ashwin Kotwal, submitted the letter in the speaker’s office, said that Alpesh’s membership of the house should be immediately ended.
‘We have submitted the application signed by our Chief Whip as per the instructions of our high-command. We have said that Alpesh, who was elected on the party ticket from Radhanpur seat had resigned from Congress on April 10. After that he also indulged in anti party activities by campaigning against official Congress candidates in Banaskantha Loksabha cosntituency and Unjha assembly segment where by poll was held. As per the rules he was not entitled to continue as an MLA,’ Baldevji Thakor said.
Alpesh had on April 10 resigned from all posts of Congress including national secretary and the co-incharge of the party in Bihar, alleging that the party to which he had helped during hour of need had betrayed him and his community. He had however refused to give up the MLA post saying that he would continue to serve his community.
He had later campaigned for his outfit Thakor Sena’s candidates in Banaskantha and Unjha.
Two Alpesh aide MLAs (from Bayad and Bechraji) were present along with Alpesh when he announced his resignation from party posts.
Meanwhile, Speaker Trivedi said that he would take a decision after detailed study of the application.
- 28 centres for counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha, 4 assembly seats in Gujarat
- Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani terms those who voted for Modi as fools
- PSLV-C46 successfully launches RISAT-2B
- Rs. 100 lakh crore investment in infra sector, Rs. 25 lakh crore in farm and rural sectors: NDA resolution
- Anil Ambani to withdraw defamation suits against Congress leaders others in Ahmedabad court
- ACB nabs deputy Sarpanch red handed taking bribe