Met issues yet another non-seasonal rain warning for North Gujarat/Saurashtra-Kutch regionMay 13, 2019
Ahmedabad: The met department today issued non-seasonal rain/thunderstorm warning for Banaskantha, Rajkot and Kutch district for a day on May 15.
The met bulletin issued by the IMD center here today said, ‘ On May 15, thunderstorm and lightning accompanied with gusty winds (30-40 kmph) likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha; in the districts of Saurashtra-Kutch namely Rajkot and Kutch.’
A met official attributed change in wind pattern as its reason.
The state has recently seen two spells of such rain in parts of North Gujarat and Saurashtra regions.
Meanwhile temperatures across Gujarat today remained moderate with Rajkot remaining hottest at 42.3 °C. Ahmedabad and Amreli were second hottest at 41.8 °C. Only five places saw mercury crossing 40 °C mark.
- Gujarat govt. not to organize Shala Praveshotsav this year
- Gujarat govt to amend law for ban on e-cigarettes
- A committee to look into One Nation, One Election initiative
- School vans in Ahmedabad to remain on strike tomorrow: Vardhi Association
- Another incident of blast in mobile phone battery in Gujarat
- Temperatures to rise by 2 to 3 °C in the next two days, feeling of humid hotness to increase: Met