Gujarat govt. statement on protests against Schedule Caste wedding processions in rural North GujaratMay 15, 2019
Gandhinagar: Minister of State for Home, Pradipsinh Jadeja today gave a statement over recent incidents of protests against Schedule Caste (SC) wedding processions. Recently a schedule caste wedding procession was stopped in a North Gujarat village by Patel community members of same village by holding Ram dhun dharna. The procession was blocked by organizing Ram dhun dharna on village road. The incident also triggered minor clash with stone pelting and police lathicharge for a few minutes. The police held talks with locals over the night after which the procession could proceed next day without any trouble. Police has picked up two Patels in this incident. In another incident, local Thakor community members had opposed a wedding procession of schedule caste member. State Deputy Chief Minister had rushed to the village and held talk for social harmony. Village sarpanch, deputy sarpanch and others were arrested in this incident.
- Exit polla guve 23 to 26 seats to BJP in Gujarat
- Gujarat CM reacts to exit polls result, expresses confidence to win all 26 Lok Sabha seats
- Air India plane to Muscat makes emergency landing at Jamnagar Air Force base
- Exit polls suggest NDA government led by Narendra Modi to continue
- Six journalists honored with Narad Award in a function in Gujarat
- ACB nabs deputy Mamlatdar red handed taking bribe in Central Gujarat