Mobile phones not to be permitted in counting stationsMay 15, 2019
Bhuj: Addressing the government staffers involved in election duty, Kutch district collector Remya Mohan speaking on counting day procedures said:
– Counting centres will have three-layer security. Identity card of each person entering the counting centre will be checked before entry.
– Counting procedures will start at 5.30 am on May 23.
– Mobile phone will need to be surrendered at mobile collection centre for all those involved in counting procedure.
– Tea, nashta and meal coupons will be given to staffers.
– At 8 am, the counting of postal ballots will commence following the counting of EVM votes.
– Oath of secrecy will be conducted at counting centres.
– Each counting hall will have 8 static cameras for video recording.
- Gujarat govt. not to organize Shala Praveshotsav this year
- Gujarat govt to amend law for ban on e-cigarettes
- A committee to look into One Nation, One Election initiative
- School vans in Ahmedabad to remain on strike tomorrow: Vardhi Association
- Another incident of blast in mobile phone battery in Gujarat
- Temperatures to rise by 2 to 3 °C in the next two days, feeling of humid hotness to increase: Met