Air India plane to Muscat makes emergency landing at Jamnagar Air Force baseMay 20, 2019
Jamnagar: Air India aircraft on Delhi – Muscat(Oman) route, last evening had emergency landing at Jamnagar based Indian Air Force(IAF) base in Gujarat due to medical emergency of an Indian passenger aboard.
According to Defense spokesperson for Gujarat region, AI 973 flight on Delhi – Muscat route was diverted to Jamnagar based Air Force base in Gujarat at 10.30 pm with Indian passenger aged 33 suffering cardiac arrest in flight.
Defense spokesperson said, IAF responded promptly and a patient was shifted to hospital accompanied by IAF doctor.
A spokesperson added that diversion to civil airfield would have taken more time and therefore a decision was made to do emergency landing at Air Force base.
- BJP state election committee to meet at CM residence for selection of candidates for Junagadh civic poll
- Shahibag Under pass to remain closed from 10 pm to 6am every day from tomorrow till July 3
- Former Indian women team trainer appointed head trainer of Baroda Ranji team
- Day on arrival of Monsoon in Gujarat, rain lashes over 50 talukas, 2 deaths due to lightening, no more heavy rain spells likely in coming few days
- Abellon CleanEnergy inks pact with German Agraferm Group to set up biogas plants in Gujarat
- PM Modi's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's Address in the Rajya Sabha