28 centres for counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha, 4 assembly seats in GujaratMay 22, 2019
Gandhinagar: Counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha seats of Gujarat will take place at 28 centres across the State on May 23. The counting centres will have three-layer security provisions. Carrying mobile phones, laptop and other electronics devises will not be allowed inside the counting centres. 100 meter area around counting centres will be cordoned off. While main gates of counting centres will have armed police men deployed, the gates of counting halls will have deployment of para military force jawans.
Counting will kick off at 8 am. Each counting centre will have 14 tables in addition to one table for Returning Officer (RO). Election officer, 182 assistant election officers, 122 additional assistant election officers, 41 observers will be on duty on counting day. Counting table will have one counting supervisor, one assistant, one micro observer. There will be total 2548 counting supervisors, 2548 counting assistants and 2912 micro observers. 309 number of staff will be on duty for counting of ballot papers.
As per the Supreme Court order, VVPAT slips of five polling stations per assembly area will be counted. The selection of thse five polling stations will be made through draw. VVPAT slips of those 16 polling stations where votes were not delited from EVM after mock poll on polling day will also be counted.
If lead of winning candidate is lesser than the number of invalid postal ballot, then in such case postal ballots will be rechecked.
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat
- Heavy rain warning for South Gujarat tomorrow
- Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announced
- Gujarat HC issues notices to Alpesh, assembly speaker on Congress' plea seeking his dismissal from MLA post
- Monsoon likely to hit Gujarat in next 48 hours, fairly widespread rain expected in all areas except Saurashtra: Met Director Sarkar
- Representatives from all the groups of lions in and around Gir forests to be radio collared in a months time: CCF Vasavada