MHA asks States/UTs to take adequate security measures in connection with counting of votesMay 22, 2019
Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs has alerted the State Chief Secretaries and Directors General of Police regarding possibility of eruption of violence in different parts of the country in connection with the counting of votes tomorrow.
MHA has asked the States and UTs to maintain law & order, peace and public tranquility. States/ UTs have been further asked to take adequate measures for the security of strong rooms and venues of counting of votes. This is in the wake of calls given and statements made in various quarters for inciting violence and causing disruption on the day of counting of votes.
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat
- Heavy rain warning for South Gujarat tomorrow
- Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announced
- Gujarat HC issues notices to Alpesh, assembly speaker on Congress' plea seeking his dismissal from MLA post
- Monsoon likely to hit Gujarat in next 48 hours, fairly widespread rain expected in all areas except Saurashtra: Met Director Sarkar
- Representatives from all the groups of lions in and around Gir forests to be radio collared in a months time: CCF Vasavada