Four Gujarat MLAs including minister elected to Lok Sabha, their assembly seats to witness by-pollMay 24, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat will witness by-polls of assembly seats again in near future as four MLAs are elected to parliament as Lok Sabha members. They are in all probability going to retain their parliaments seat and resign from the assembly.
Party MLA and minister in Vijay Rupani cabinet, Parbatbhai Patel(Chaudhary) has been elected to Lok Sabha from Banaskantha seat. Parbatbhai is MLA from Tharad constituency.
Another MLA elected to Lok Sabha is Bharatsinh Dabhi(Thakor). He has won Patan Lok Sabha seat. He is three-term MLA from Kheralu constituency.
One more BJP MLA who is elected to Lok Sabha is H.S.Patel. He is MLA from Amraiwadi area of Ahmedabad. He will represent Ahmedabad East seat in Lok Sabha.
Fourth MLA who has won Lok Sabha seat is Ratansinh Rathod. He is winner on Panchmahal Lok Sabha seat. He represents Lunawada constituency in Gujarat assembly. Ratansinh contested Lunawada assembly election in 2017 as Congress rebel. After his victory he joined BJP. Ratansinh is from OBC community.
- BJP state election committee to meet at CM residence for selection of candidates for Junagadh civic poll
- Shahibag Under pass to remain closed from 10 pm to 6am every day from tomorrow till July 3
- Former Indian women team trainer appointed head trainer of Baroda Ranji team
- Day on arrival of Monsoon in Gujarat, rain lashes over 50 talukas, 2 deaths due to lightening, no more heavy rain spells likely in coming few days
- Abellon CleanEnergy inks pact with German Agraferm Group to set up biogas plants in Gujarat
- PM Modi's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's Address in the Rajya Sabha