Surat fire tragedy: Builders arrested, SMC official suspended, demolition and sealing drives continueMay 27, 2019
Surat: After suspension of two fire department staffers, the Surat Municipal Corporation on Sunday also suspended official Vinu Parmar in connection with fire tragedy of Takshashila building in Sarthana area in which 22 children died.
In other developments, two builders Harshal Vekaria and Jignesh were arrested by police. The builders had illegally created dome structure atop the building and built wall inside to give a space on rent. They were collecting Rs. 25,000 per month rent from coaching/tuition classes.
In one more development, coaching class operator Bharag Butani has been sent to two-day remand.
Meanwhile SMC continued its demolition drive on Sunday across seven zones of city. As many as 27 buildings and 1133 shops were sealed. 499 tuition classes were surveyed, 150 classes were served notices and 26 were sealed.
- BJP state election committee to meet at CM residence for selection of candidates for Junagadh civic poll
- Shahibag Under pass to remain closed from 10 pm to 6am every day from tomorrow till July 3
- Former Indian women team trainer appointed head trainer of Baroda Ranji team
- Day on arrival of Monsoon in Gujarat, rain lashes over 50 talukas, 2 deaths due to lightening, no more heavy rain spells likely in coming few days
- Abellon CleanEnergy inks pact with German Agraferm Group to set up biogas plants in Gujarat
- PM Modi's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's Address in the Rajya Sabha