Gujarat’s Banas Dairy is Asia’s No.1 in milk productionOctober 03, 2008
Gujarat’s Banas Dairy is Asia’s No.1 in milk production
Palanpur, DeshGujarat, 3rd October, 2008
North Gujarat’s Banas Dairy(Banaskantha District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union) which provides employment to over 3 lakh people in Banaskantha district has claimed to have become the number one highest daily milk producing co-operative dairy in whole Asia.
On Wednesday, chairman of Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) and Banas Dairy, Parthibai Bhatol in a meeting said that after an observation of 20 days(since 1st of September), it was found that dairy’s daily milk production was 19,13,000 liters which was highest in Gujarat and even in Asia. The daily milk production is 1 to 1.25 lakh liters more than any other co-operative dairy in Gujarat.”
Around 14,00 milk producing societies are member of BDCMPU which has annual turnover of Rs 1150 crores.
Interestingly, work on Rs. 120 crore third unit which was inaugurated by Chief Minister Narendra Modi is on.On being operational, the third unit will produce an additional 10 lakh liters of milk a day.
Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Limited known as Banas Dairy is a cooperative organization established in the year 1969 under the Gujarat Co-operative societies Act 1961 with the support of NDDB as a part of their Operation Flood Program launched to bring about white revolution in the country.
Banas manufactures a large number of dairy products under AMUL, SAGAR and BANAS brands. It’s product range includes Amul Pasteurised Milks, Amul longer Shelf Life Milk, Amul Butter, Amul Ghee, Sagar Ghee, Amulya Powder, Sagar Tea and Coffee Whitener, Sagar SMP, Amul SMP, Amul Shakti Powder, a wide range of Amul Ice Creams, Banas Penda, Banas Tea etc. The products of dairy are marketed through Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, Anand. Banas also provide a large number of technical inputs to over 1.8 lac farmer households, organised through 1400 odd Village level Cooperative Milk Societies.
- When thousands of people formed image of Goddess Ambika through oil lamps in garba ground
- Dy CM Nitin Patel terms Gohil's ultimatum to CM a cheap publicity stunt
- RIL announces strategic investment in and partnership with Den Networks Ltd and Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd
- 18,000 slokas of 12 Skandhs of Shrimad Bhagwat Shridhari Tika translated in Gujarati by Ahmedabad based author
- Indian Coast guard saves 2 fishing boats with 19 aboard from being caught by Pak marines off Gujarat coast
- Nakhatrana town observes bandh against BAMSEF propaganda against Hindu beliefs and Gods