Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway stationMay 04, 2010
Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway station
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 4 May, 2010
Ahmedabad Railway station has launched hand push luggage trolley service at Ahmedabad railway station. Such trolleys are always available at airports, but for railway station, it is a new initiative. The railway will initially charge Rs 5 per luggage trolley from commuters. As of now, the service is available only for platform no.1, but after new elevators and escalators become functional by the end of this year, the trolley service will be introduced at all platform of Ahmedabad railway station.
According to divisional railway manager of Ahmedabad Shri Ashok Garud, the initiative has been taken following a guideline from the Western railway headquarter. The facility would be launched in Rajkot, Surat and Vadodara railway stations too in future.
Also launched on Tuesday was a golf car service for senior citizens and physically challenged persons.
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call
- PM's opening remark in NITI Aayog meet: Making India a 5 trillion dollar economy, harnessing water resources, doubling income of farmers
- By-polls for two vacant seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat announced; Schedule same, notification and polling for each seat separately
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens busted in Vadodara city of Gujarat, 2 arrested