Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway stationMay 04, 2010
Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway station
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 4 May, 2010
Ahmedabad Railway station has launched hand push luggage trolley service at Ahmedabad railway station. Such trolleys are always available at airports, but for railway station, it is a new initiative. The railway will initially charge Rs 5 per luggage trolley from commuters. As of now, the service is available only for platform no.1, but after new elevators and escalators become functional by the end of this year, the trolley service will be introduced at all platform of Ahmedabad railway station.
According to divisional railway manager of Ahmedabad Shri Ashok Garud, the initiative has been taken following a guideline from the Western railway headquarter. The facility would be launched in Rajkot, Surat and Vadodara railway stations too in future.
Also launched on Tuesday was a golf car service for senior citizens and physically challenged persons.
- Rupani protests classist tweet against PM Modi, Congress removes it
- Coast Guard rescues 6 fishermen from capsized boat near Indo-Pak Maritime border off Gujarat coast
- PM likely to start Gujarat campaign from November 27 for first phase polling areas
- JDU candidate with similar name poses a new kind of challenge for Chhotu Vasava
- Political developments today in brief ( Updated at 6.00 pm )
- Former Congress minister in Kutch leaves party, will contest on NCP ticket