Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway stationMay 04, 2010
Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway station
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 4 May, 2010
Ahmedabad Railway station has launched hand push luggage trolley service at Ahmedabad railway station. Such trolleys are always available at airports, but for railway station, it is a new initiative. The railway will initially charge Rs 5 per luggage trolley from commuters. As of now, the service is available only for platform no.1, but after new elevators and escalators become functional by the end of this year, the trolley service will be introduced at all platform of Ahmedabad railway station.
According to divisional railway manager of Ahmedabad Shri Ashok Garud, the initiative has been taken following a guideline from the Western railway headquarter. The facility would be launched in Rajkot, Surat and Vadodara railway stations too in future.
Also launched on Tuesday was a golf car service for senior citizens and physically challenged persons.
- Forecast for rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, MP, Rajasthan during 21-24 July
- PM reviews progress of UDAY, mineral block auctions
- Heavy to very heavy rain forecast for Saurashtra - Kutch, monsoon death toll 62 in Gujarat
- I have not broken any discipline of the party by attending Vaghela's event: MLA Raghavji Patel
- Arvind Limited takes Khadi Denim to global fashion market, signs MoU with KVIC
- Only 3 Congress MLAs including Vaghela attended his hyped birthday meeting