Gujarat govt gets award for Jyotigram schemeMay 19, 2010
Gujarat govt gets award for Jyotigram scheme
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 19 May, 2010
The state of Gujarat has received Public Service Innovation award of year 2010 for its Jyotigram scheme. Under Jyotigram scheme, Gujarat’s all 18000 villages get 24-our uninterrupted power supply.
State ministers Jaynarayan Vyas and Saurabhbhai Patel said that there were 372 entries before 8-member jury penal led by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR)’s Chairman Dr. R.A.Mashelkar which selected Gujarat for this award.
The award is given once every two years in four categories including public service, commerce, social service and special category by Mumbai based Marico innovation foundation.
The award function was graced by Sam Pitroda, Dipak Parekh, Dr. RA Mashelkar and Airtel’s Shri Mittal among others.
- President Kovind to arrive on two day Gujarat visit
- After vandalizing 2 buses in Gandhinagar, Anti Padmavat protesters burn down two ST buses in Mahesana
- Gujarat MLA Khant moves High Court to challenge invalidation of caste certificate
- Salinity issue in river Narmada: water discharged from Karjan dam
- Gujarat Multiplex Association decides not to screen Padmaavat
- Unidentified miscreants attack 2 ST buses near Gandhinagar, attempt torching