Gujarat govt gets award for Jyotigram schemeMay 19, 2010
Gujarat govt gets award for Jyotigram scheme
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 19 May, 2010
The state of Gujarat has received Public Service Innovation award of year 2010 for its Jyotigram scheme. Under Jyotigram scheme, Gujarat’s all 18000 villages get 24-our uninterrupted power supply.
State ministers Jaynarayan Vyas and Saurabhbhai Patel said that there were 372 entries before 8-member jury penal led by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR)’s Chairman Dr. R.A.Mashelkar which selected Gujarat for this award.
The award is given once every two years in four categories including public service, commerce, social service and special category by Mumbai based Marico innovation foundation.
The award function was graced by Sam Pitroda, Dipak Parekh, Dr. RA Mashelkar and Airtel’s Shri Mittal among others.
- Forest department rescues 3 Asiatic lions trapped between two flooded rivers in Gir
- Extremely heavy rain fall forecast for Dahod, Botad, Surendranagar on Monday
- Shankersinh Vaghela sends resignation letter to party president Sonia Gandhi
- Husband dies in front of wife in Kamatibaug Vadodara due to electric shock
- For the first time a train full of potatoes operated between Deesa and Chennai
- Highway connecting to Kutch reopens but traffic slow due to damage to surface