E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in GujaratJuly 29, 2010
E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in Gujarat
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 29 July 2010
For the first time in India, State Election Commission Gandhinagar is exploring E-Voting options, under the initiative (1) The voter may cast his vote in the ward identified by Election Commission from his Laptop or P.C. (2) If the voter seeks E-Voting option and he is not having Internet facility than (2) he can cast his vote from E-Polling Stations. Necessary directives have been issued to Municipal Commissioners of all the Corporations and Election Staff.
E-Voting initiative, on experimental basis, may be implemented by State Election Commission for the upcoming Municipal Corporation’s elections in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, and Rajkot.
Arrangements are already made at Civic-Centres so that the voter may give his application for E-Voting options. Municipal Commissioners are instructed to make wide publicity of E-Voting option, which is being explored for the first time in India. State Election Commission has appealed voters to seek the benefit of On-Line Voting Facility.
E-Voters Registration programme would begin from 2nd August, for further details the voters may access Web-Site: www.sec.gujarat.gov.in
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat
- Heavy rain warning for South Gujarat tomorrow
- Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announced
- Gujarat HC issues notices to Alpesh, assembly speaker on Congress' plea seeking his dismissal from MLA post
- Monsoon likely to hit Gujarat in next 48 hours, fairly widespread rain expected in all areas except Saurashtra: Met Director Sarkar
- Representatives from all the groups of lions in and around Gir forests to be radio collared in a months time: CCF Vasavada