Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in GandhinagarJanuary 21, 2011
Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar, 21 January, 2011
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate 1 MW Solar power plant on Saturday, January 21 in Gandhinagar near Pandit Dindayal Petroleum university.
The function will be available to watch live online through webcast from 9.30 am onwards.
It’s interesting to note here that 3000 MW solar power projects are coming up in Gujarat. Power purchase agreements for 958 MW are signed with 83 companies. Extensive facilities for manufacturing, assembly, R&D, and recycling of photovoltaic cells are being set up in the state. Gujarat is the first state to introduce solar power policy(2009). The state offers attractive tariff in policy itself. Recently Charnka village in north Gujarat’s Patan district witnessed ground breaking ceremony of first Solar power park.
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat