Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in GandhinagarJanuary 21, 2011
Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar, 21 January, 2011
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate 1 MW Solar power plant on Saturday, January 21 in Gandhinagar near Pandit Dindayal Petroleum university.
The function will be available to watch live online through webcast from 9.30 am onwards.
It’s interesting to note here that 3000 MW solar power projects are coming up in Gujarat. Power purchase agreements for 958 MW are signed with 83 companies. Extensive facilities for manufacturing, assembly, R&D, and recycling of photovoltaic cells are being set up in the state. Gujarat is the first state to introduce solar power policy(2009). The state offers attractive tariff in policy itself. Recently Charnka village in north Gujarat’s Patan district witnessed ground breaking ceremony of first Solar power park.
- One dead, 7 injured in car accident on ISKCON overbridge at SG Highway
- 6 IPS, other cops probing Chirag Patel death case, 70% chances that it was a suicide, however murder angle can't be denied, probe is on: Police
- DRI busts massive misuse of MEIS scheme, recovers Rs 52 crore from exporters of Gujarat, Mumbai and Tamilnadu
- Prabhu directs Secretary and DGCA officials to review the grounding of planes by Jet Airways, Advance Bookings, Cancellations, Refund and Safety issues
- Modi to interact with ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ pledge takers on March 31 across 500 places
- Meeting of BJP election committee at CM residence in Gujarat: ECI probe finds no violation of MCC, gives clean-chit