Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in GandhinagarJanuary 21, 2011
Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar, 21 January, 2011
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate 1 MW Solar power plant on Saturday, January 21 in Gandhinagar near Pandit Dindayal Petroleum university.
The function will be available to watch live online through webcast from 9.30 am onwards.
It’s interesting to note here that 3000 MW solar power projects are coming up in Gujarat. Power purchase agreements for 958 MW are signed with 83 companies. Extensive facilities for manufacturing, assembly, R&D, and recycling of photovoltaic cells are being set up in the state. Gujarat is the first state to introduce solar power policy(2009). The state offers attractive tariff in policy itself. Recently Charnka village in north Gujarat’s Patan district witnessed ground breaking ceremony of first Solar power park.
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call
- PM's opening remark in NITI Aayog meet: Making India a 5 trillion dollar economy, harnessing water resources, doubling income of farmers
- By-polls for two vacant seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat announced; Schedule same, notification and polling for each seat separately
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens busted in Vadodara city of Gujarat, 2 arrested