Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in GandhinagarJanuary 21, 2011
Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar, 21 January, 2011
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate 1 MW Solar power plant on Saturday, January 21 in Gandhinagar near Pandit Dindayal Petroleum university.
The function will be available to watch live online through webcast from 9.30 am onwards.
It’s interesting to note here that 3000 MW solar power projects are coming up in Gujarat. Power purchase agreements for 958 MW are signed with 83 companies. Extensive facilities for manufacturing, assembly, R&D, and recycling of photovoltaic cells are being set up in the state. Gujarat is the first state to introduce solar power policy(2009). The state offers attractive tariff in policy itself. Recently Charnka village in north Gujarat’s Patan district witnessed ground breaking ceremony of first Solar power park.
- Another success in land acquisition for bullet train project in Surat district
- Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tie nuptial knot over Vedic chants and Hindu tradition in Mumbai
- Exhibition on Futuristic Technologies at Science City for Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Northerly winds making weather colder in Gujarat, Maximum temperatures at most places fall below 30°C
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit ‘Statue of Unity’ on Dec 15
- Union Railway Minister to dedicate Nation’s First Railway University in Vadodara on 15th December