Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in GandhinagarJanuary 21, 2011
Modi to dedicate 1 MW Solar power plant in Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar, 21 January, 2011
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate 1 MW Solar power plant on Saturday, January 21 in Gandhinagar near Pandit Dindayal Petroleum university.
The function will be available to watch live online through webcast from 9.30 am onwards.
It’s interesting to note here that 3000 MW solar power projects are coming up in Gujarat. Power purchase agreements for 958 MW are signed with 83 companies. Extensive facilities for manufacturing, assembly, R&D, and recycling of photovoltaic cells are being set up in the state. Gujarat is the first state to introduce solar power policy(2009). The state offers attractive tariff in policy itself. Recently Charnka village in north Gujarat’s Patan district witnessed ground breaking ceremony of first Solar power park.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it