Liladhar Vaghela: The editor is Minister nowFebruary 02, 2011
Liladhar Vaghela: The editor is Minister now
Gandhinagar, 2 February, 2011
Born at Pimpal in Chanasma taluka of Mahesana district, Shri Liladhar Vaghela is B.A, B.ed. He started his career in agriculture, social work and journalism. He was the President of Banaskantha district economically backward service union, Banaskantha district panchayat, Gujarat vikasti jati vikas mandal. He was Chairman of Banaskantha district panchayat’s education committee. He was rector of Lok Niketan institution, he was teacher in Vividh lakshi vidya mandir.
He was the member of fifth, seventh, eighth and tenth Gujarat assembly. He was Chief whip and minister of Panchayat and Rural housing during tenth Gujarat Vidhansabha. His hobbies are: reading, sports and traveling. He had traveled to Nepal. He is founder Editor of Banas Sandesh weekly for last 25 years.
Vaghela tasted limelight due to another Vaghela
Liladhar Vaghela was in Congress party in past, and he was minister in late Chimanbhai Patel ministry. He came to limelight when he contested Lok Sabha election against then heavy weight Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghelai in 2004. Though he was from north Gujarat, he was chosen by Modi to contest for election of central Gujarat’s Kapadvanj against locally experienced candidate Shankarsinh, because he was from Thakor community. Liladhar Vaghela lost the election.
A very senior politician has now found his place in Modi ministry as minister of state. This is one more leader from Thakor community, elevated by Narendra Modi.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies