Mehta Sports to develop Porbandar cricket ground for 7-10 croreApril 11, 2011
Mehta Sports to develop Porbandar cricket ground for 7-10 crore
Porbadnar, 11 April, 2011
Jay Mehta owned Mehta Sports Pvt Ltd (MSPL) yesterday signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the Porbandar District Cricket Association(PDCA) to develop Dulip cricket ground of PDCA.in Porbandar in the span of next seven years.
Mumbai based industrialist Jay Mehta of Mehta Group is a native of Porbandar. He belongs to Saurashtra’s legendary late Shri Nanji Kalidas Mehta family. Mehta’s cement plant is located in Ranavav, few kilometers away fro Porbandar. Thus Rs.7-10 crore project of developing the cricket ground has been considered on his part as his company’s corporate social responsibility.
Mehta has immense interest in cricket. He is one of the partners of Kolkata Knight Riders team.
Mehta Sports will engage UK-based consultants David Hemstock Associates which will develop the outfield and dressing rooms. Mehta Sports has also roped in South Africa’s Russel Adams for this project.The project will manage the water-logging problems in the ground.
The MoU doesn’t only cover the ground, but also Dulip School of Cricket which was founded in 1947.
As per the targets of this ambitious project, few years down the line the ground and the training school will have all state-of-the-art facilities to train budding cricketers and hosting international matches.
It should be mentioned that both Dulip ground and Dulip school were under local Municipality until last year, however due to incapability of maintaining the ground and the school, the Municipality had handed over the ground and the school to District Cricket Association.
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase