Modi, Advani open Dadhichi river bridge, Bhagini Nivedita undr bridgeApril 13, 2011
Modi, Advani open Dadhichi river bridge, Bhagini Nivedita undr bridge
Ahmedabad, 14 April, 2011
Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Dadhichi river bridge and Bhagini Nivedita underbridge in Ahmedabad in presence of former Deputy Prime Minister of India Shri Lal Krishna Advani on Wednesday. While Dadhichi river bridge connects Vadaj and Dudheshwar, Bhagini Nivedita underbridge connects Suvidha shopping centre cross roads and Parimal cross roads.
Dadhichi river bridge is 10th river bridge of Ahmedabad city over river Sabarmati. It is nearly 6-lane wide. It is also the costliest river bridge of Ahmedabad.
Bhagini Nivedita under bridge(Parimal under bridge) is 434 meter long. It is Ahmedabad’s first under bridge that has foot path.
Maharshi Dadhichi river bridge(Vadaj-Dudheshwar) is 755 meter long, of which 285 meter portion is over the river Sabarmati. The bridge has been constructed at a cost of Rs.48.78 crore.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony, Shri Lal Krishna Advani said, “I have never seen such an under bridge that has a foot path for those who want to walk, and also a cycle track.”
Shri Advani said that in early days of his life when he used to visit the city of Ahmedabad, he was also upset seeing the situation of river Sabarmati, but now “it is Narendra Modi’s miracle” that the river has received a new look today.
Shri Modi in his speech said that Bhagini Nivedita’s name is given to new underbridge to mark the 100th anniversary year of her death. Modi praised Bhagini Nivedita, a foreign lady for her service to India. Shri Modi added that naming of a river bridge after Rishi Dadhichi makes sense, as Dadhichi Ashram was in Ahmedabad’s Vadaj area, few distance away from the new bridge. “Maharshi Dadhichi donated his bones for the fight against evils, we have named a bridge after him so that people who don’t know that this great rishi was from this city would start recognizing him.” Modi without naming Congress party criticized the way the names are given to number of public properties after only one club of people.
Bhagini Nivedita(Parimal) underbridge
- US-Iran situation one of difficult international issues India was dealing with, will take stand on the basis of national interest: MEA Jaishankar
- Reliance Jio crosses milestone of 2 crore subscribers in Gujarat
- Congress fields Gaurav Pandya and Chandrikaben as its candidate for Gujarat Rajya Sabha bye-poll
- South West Monsoon finally arrives in Gujarat, widespread rains expected in two days
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Jugal Thakor file nomination as BJP candidates on two Rajya Sabha seats of Gujarat for bye-poll
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat