Khadia’s Sunday morning with crowds, kites and Amitabh BachchanJanuary 29, 2012
Ahmedabad, 29 January 2012
Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan’s figure was hurt while flying kite on the roof of local BJP MLA Bhushan Bhatt’s house in Kameshwar ni pol. Bachchan was immediately given band-aid, after which he resumed kite flying.
Shri Bachchan is in Gujarat for the shooting of Gujarat Tourism ad campaign.
For a TV advertisement on Ahmedabad’s famous kite flying festival, Shri Bachchan reached wall city area of Khadia in the morning. The crowd was so excited to watch a glimpse of a star that local police faced tough time controlling it.
The atmosphere was jubilant when Shri Bachchan opened sun-roof of his land rover car and gave appearance.
During today’s shooting, Shri Bachchan’s kite was cut by other kite fliers several times.
All roofs nearby were full of the people. Some people said they enjoyed today’s mock Uttarayan, more than the real Uttarayan.
Shri Bachchan may leave for Mumbai to attend Filmfare award function today evening. He will come back tomorrow morning to shoot at Siddhpur, Vadnagar and Ambaji.
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.
- Gujarat to have Consul office of Kazakhstan; inauguration on Monday
- Lok Sabha MP Poonamben Madam's daughter passes away
- Gujarat govt clears six TP schemes "to expedite planned development in Ahmedabad"