Dhirubhai Parikh becomes new President of Gujarati Sahitya ParishadDecember 24, 2013
Ahmedabad, 24 December 2013
Veteran poet, story writer and critic Shri Dhirubhai Parikh has been appointed new president of Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. Shri Parikh has been placed on this prestigious post in the Gujarati literary world at Gujarati Sahitya Parishad’s 47th convention being held in Anand town.
Born in 1933 in Viramgam, Shri Parikh got his Phd in 1955 and became teacher and later principal in arts college. He became Gujarat University’s Gujarati department head. He has been editor of ‘Kavilok’ magazine. He received Kumar medal in 1971.
Shri Parikh will remain Gujarati Sahitya Parishad’s president till 31 December 2014. Details of new working committee of Sahitya Parishad can be accessed here.
- Gujarat Government will not allow export of live stocks from Gujarat's ports: CM
- 4 including PI of Kadi police station in North Gujarat nabbed in ACB's bribe traps
- 83 Hindus from Pakistan get Indian citizenship in Gujarat
- Rafale deal in order, rules Supreme Court; it's a slap on Congress president's face, says Amit Shah
- US based global hospitality chain Hilton starts its 19th Indian hotel in Ahmedabad, second only in Gujarat
- 6 killed, over a dozen injured in two road mishaps in South Gujarat