Chinu Modi to get Sahitya Akademi awardJanuary 05, 2014
Ahmedabad, 5 January 2014
Gujarati poet Chinu Modi, 75, who has penned several Gujarati Ghazal collections, has been conferred the Sahitya Akademi Award.
The executive board of the Sahitya Akademi Committee in Delhi announced the Sahitya Akademi Award to Gujarati poet Chinu Modi, 75, on Friday for his Ghazal “Khara Zaran” in the Gujarati language category. “Khara Zaran” is Gazal collection is dedicated to his late wife.
The award will be given to him by President Pranab Mukhrajee on February 16 in New Delhi.
Shri Chinu Modi worked as a professor in Bhasha Bhavan of the Gujarat University.
- Only nation's good drives the decisions of PM Modi; urgently required Defense purchases stalled in ten years of UPA govt resumed in present govt without middle men: Raksha Mantri in Gujarat
- Iss bar sabka hisab hoga, hisab pura honga ..... aapka yeh pradhan sewak is hi kaam me laga hai: PM Modi on Pakistan
- Gujarat CM launches second spell of state-wide Sujalam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan
- Amid rising Indo-Pak tension Vice Chief of Army visits border areas in Gujarat
- Pulwama effect: Gujarat businessman and Saurashtra cricket association (SCA) protest against Pakistan in their own way
- ACB nabs GST and central Excise officer in South Gujarat taking Rs 1 lakh bribe