Chinu Modi to get Sahitya Akademi awardJanuary 05, 2014
Ahmedabad, 5 January 2014
Gujarati poet Chinu Modi, 75, who has penned several Gujarati Ghazal collections, has been conferred the Sahitya Akademi Award.
The executive board of the Sahitya Akademi Committee in Delhi announced the Sahitya Akademi Award to Gujarati poet Chinu Modi, 75, on Friday for his Ghazal “Khara Zaran” in the Gujarati language category. “Khara Zaran” is Gazal collection is dedicated to his late wife.
The award will be given to him by President Pranab Mukhrajee on February 16 in New Delhi.
Shri Chinu Modi worked as a professor in Bhasha Bhavan of the Gujarat University.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies