Rapar BJP MLA Vaghjibhai Patel passes awayJanuary 30, 2014
Ahmedabad, 30 January 2014
Rapar(Kutch) BJP MLA Vaghjibhai Patel is no more. He was 62. He died of heart attack today.
Vaghjibhai reached his office at Patel wadi in Rapar today morning. Later he went to inaugurate a new show room where he complained chest pain. He was taken to his office and private doctor was called. However he succumbed to death in his office only.
Vaghjibhai started his political career as village head(Sarpanch). He was therefore popularly known as Vaghjibhai Sarpanch in Rapar even after he became MLA. Before elected as MLA, Vaghjibhai was Chairman of Rapar Area Development Authority(RADA)
In his condolence message on Twitter, Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi said: Vaghajibhai Patel will be remembered as a committed leader & a dedicated MLA. Condolences to his family on his demise. RIP.
With sad death of Vaghjibhai, the Gujarat Assembly has witnessed exit of two MLAs in week. Lathi Congress MLA Bavkubhai Udhad resigned from assembly early this week to rejoin the BJP, and Rapar BJP MLA Vaghjibhai passed away today. By-polls for both seats are likely to be held along with the Lok Sabha general elections in April. As per a rule, vacant seat has to be filled in six months.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies