Rapar BJP MLA Vaghjibhai Patel passes awayJanuary 30, 2014
Ahmedabad, 30 January 2014
Rapar(Kutch) BJP MLA Vaghjibhai Patel is no more. He was 62. He died of heart attack today.
Vaghjibhai reached his office at Patel wadi in Rapar today morning. Later he went to inaugurate a new show room where he complained chest pain. He was taken to his office and private doctor was called. However he succumbed to death in his office only.
Vaghjibhai started his political career as village head(Sarpanch). He was therefore popularly known as Vaghjibhai Sarpanch in Rapar even after he became MLA. Before elected as MLA, Vaghjibhai was Chairman of Rapar Area Development Authority(RADA)
In his condolence message on Twitter, Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi said: Vaghajibhai Patel will be remembered as a committed leader & a dedicated MLA. Condolences to his family on his demise. RIP.
With sad death of Vaghjibhai, the Gujarat Assembly has witnessed exit of two MLAs in week. Lathi Congress MLA Bavkubhai Udhad resigned from assembly early this week to rejoin the BJP, and Rapar BJP MLA Vaghjibhai passed away today. By-polls for both seats are likely to be held along with the Lok Sabha general elections in April. As per a rule, vacant seat has to be filled in six months.
- Exit polla guve 23 to 26 seats to BJP in Gujarat
- Gujarat CM reacts to exit polls result, expresses confidence to win all 26 Lok Sabha seats
- Air India plane to Muscat makes emergency landing at Jamnagar Air Force base
- Exit polls suggest NDA government led by Narendra Modi to continue
- Six journalists honored with Narad Award in a function in Gujarat
- ACB nabs deputy Mamlatdar red handed taking bribe in Central Gujarat