Maruti Suzkui and Gujarat Govt to set up Rs.150 crore International Centre of Excellence in AutomobileFebruary 23, 2015
The Centre will nurture and support the Automobile Industry by bringing National and International Best Practices of skill formation-Development, Upgradation, research & Development in automobile in automobile industries and incubation by entrepreneurship development by the institute.
The focus area of the project will be automotive retail, service and repair, automotive manufacturing, metals and engineering, automotive mechatronics, employability skills, core activities, revenue generating activities, capacity building activities, publication activities etc.
The Government of Gujarat has decided to set up an international Centre of Excellence in Automobile at the Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) in the joint venture of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd(MSIL) which is in the process of establishing it’s first car plant near Mandal in Ahmedabad district. The Gujarat Government and the Maruti will invest around Rs.150 crore for setting up the proposed Centre.
The centre is expected to be functional in next two years.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Gujarat Government will not allow export of live stocks from Gujarat's ports: CM
- 4 including PI of Kadi police station in North Gujarat nabbed in ACB's bribe traps
- 83 Hindus from Pakistan get Indian citizenship in Gujarat
- Rafale deal in order, rules Supreme Court; it's a slap on Congress president's face, says Amit Shah
- US based global hospitality chain Hilton starts its 19th Indian hotel in Ahmedabad, second only in Gujarat
- 6 killed, over a dozen injured in two road mishaps in South Gujarat