Liquor permit goes online in GujaratFebruary 26, 2015
Department of prohibition and excise, Government of Gujarat has launched e-permit service to make available tourist(resident outside India), visitor(resident of India other than Gujarat) and group permits to consume liquor in Gujarat online.
With this facility, visitors who want to consume liquor during their Gujarat visit will have smoother access to permit.
On eps.gpeonline.co.in website, an applicant needs to file an online form. After submitting scanned(or photographed) documentary evidences, an applicant needs to make online payment. Once the applicant has print out of e-permit, he/she can visit any approved liquor shop in the state to purchase liquor. Government appointed person at liquor shop will check documents, identity proof and conduct physical verification and allow purchase of liquor.
It is interesting to note that online payment service will not be effective for foreigners. However they will get online permit.
Terms and Conditions to get online permit are described here.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- BJP declares first list of Lok Sabha candidates 2019; Modi to contest from Varanasi again
- Amit Shah to contest from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat
- Huge embarrassment for Hardik Patel; Youths chant Modi Modi before he could speak in a function at Jamnagar
- Trailer of upcoming Hindi film PM Narendra Modi released
- Swami Aseemanand, other accused acquitted in Samjhauta Express blast case
- PM Modi interacts with Chowkidars through audio bridge