Gujarati film maker Govindbhai Patel passes awayApril 15, 2015
Noted Gujarati filmmaker, Vadodara based Govindbhai Patel is no more. He was 72. He was suffering from cancer. He is survived by his wife and four children.
Govindbhai earned fame with success of his film Desh re joya dada pardesh joya. When Gujarati film industry was going through very bad phase, this was the only hit film which inspired others to make similar social backdrop films.
Patel produced popular Gujarati films like “Desh Rey Joya Dada Pardes”, “Dhola Maru”, “Jode Rahejo Raj”, “Sahebo Savalakhno”, “Sejal Sarju”, “Hiran Ne Kanthe” and “Patan Thi Pakistan” among others.
Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel in an official condolence message said, “The Gujarati film industry has suffered a major loss and Patel will always be remembered for his films.”
City Mayor Bharat Shah, MP Ranjanaben Bhatt, Congress leader Harish Malani, actor and former BJP MLA Naresh Kanodiya and director Trambak Joshi attended the funeral that took place here late Wednesday evening.
- Highlights of investment commitments announced from the stage at Vibrant Gujarat Summit inaugural session
- India is ready for business as never before: PM at inauguration of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Gujarat is becoming more and more important for Suzuki Group: Toshihiro Suzuki shares company's future plans here
- RIL to double the investment and livelihood opportunities in Gujarat in a decade: Mukesh Ambani at Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Long-term Uranium Ore Concentrate supply pact for India's energy requirements signed in presence of PM Modi, Uzbek President in Gujarat
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar