Quick updates in brief on Gujarat floodJune 24, 2015
– Gujarat Chief Minister in a flood review meeting held in Gandhinagar today asked guardian ministers to stay in touch with district administrations continuously and reach affected districts to offer guidance. Chief Minister told district collectors that they should set up a network of mobile numbers of sarpanchs, talati, sakhimandal-anganwadi women and seek details of local situation once every two hours.
– 4 teams of NDRF are on stand by in Vadodara, 3 in Ahmedabad following flood alert.
– Schools and colleges in flood-affected districts are allowed to remain close till Sunday.
– After Kubernagar, another underbridge at Mithakhali has been closed for traffic due to cave-in.
– A 25 meter long Sultanpur bridge near Gondal has collapsed following heavy rains and flood. It’s a rural side bridge, absence of which shall affect some local villages.
– Heavy rainfall has caused greater damage to Sardar bridge near Bharuch on Ahmedabad-Mumbai national highway. This has caused increasing traffic jam on both sides of the bridge.
– Hiran 2 dam has received 14 ft water following present rounds of rain.
– Power failure in Jafrabad and Savarkundla for last 30 hours or so. Even in other nearly 100 villages of Saurashtra, power failure situation has been there due to water logging in power substations.
– Traffic on Keshod-Mangrol highway was affected due to felling of trees.
– Due to heavy rain in Bagasara, dozens of shops are water logged.
– 7 gates of Vasna barrage are opened in Ahmedabad to release nearly 5,000 cusec water from river Sabarmati.
– Ahmedabad’s Kubernagar underpass has been closed for traffic due to water logging.
– Due to tree felling at more than 80 places, Kamrej road was closed for traffic. Surat has in-total witnessed over 300 incidents of tree felling. South Gujarat University campus, Valsad city, Dumas also witnessed cyclone, tree falling incidents.
– Power distribution company has shut down 57 feeders in Bharuch area following water logging, mini cycloe, heavy rain.
– Reversal of drainage water in Gomtipur area of Ahmedabad caused problem for local people. Due to constant rainfall for over four hours( 3 pm to 7 pm and beyond) low lying areas of Ahmedabad experienced water logging.
– Vadodara Fire Brigade team has been moved to Amreli for rescue work with two boats.
– Kadana dam in northeastern Gujarat has received fresh inflow following which power generation has resumed.
– Two persons are are dead in Ghogha-Kharsaliya belt of Bhavnagar district in flood.
– Shel, Shetrunui Gagadia rivers are flooding in southern Saurashtra.
– Due to breakdown in check dam in upstream location, Chalala experienced flood.
– Khambha – Rajula state highway has been closed for traffic.
– As 26 gates of Bhadar dam are opened, the bridge in Jetpur is witnessing flooding.
– Meghal, Vrajmi rivers are flooding.
– Sarasvati and Raval rives are flooding.
– Cabinet Minister Vijay Rupani and Rajkot BJP leader Dhansukh Bhanderi are moved to flood-hit Amreli district to supervise/review relief and rescue tasks.
– Raydi and Thebi rivers are flooding in Amreli. Navli river is flooding in Savarkundla.
– 7 persons from a State Transport bus trapped in flood water in Amreli district are reportedly missing. More details are awaited.
- Railway minister dedicates India's first Rail and Transport Institute in Vadodara
- Rupani chairs review meeting for tribal development, announces several welfare measures
- Gayatri Mantra rendition by Lata Mangeshkar for Isha Ambani wedding
- Soon you may enjoy the view of Statue of Unity from sky
- Box of diamond containing around 99 carat of precious gem stolen during International exhibition in Surat
- President of India performs bhoomi pujan for railway station at Kevadia Colony