Surat railway station overburdened, Udhna as alternativeAugust 21, 2015
Udhna railway station as satellite station has been forwarded and approval to it is awaited. If approval is granted, the trains moving to north India will be operated from Udhna railway station.
He said there are two railway tracks in Surat, and new trains are operated one by one, but at present the figure of daily trains has reached 100 which includes goods train, and therefore expansion is needed.
He said chain pulling by bootleggers has become headache for railways passing through Surat city. Railway Protection Force(RPF) has power to catch such culprits and hand over them to Gujarat Railway Police(GRP). RPF’s action cause clash with GRP. A letter to Additional DGP of Gujarat Police has been sent complaining that GRP is not doing enough to stop bootleggers misusing railway route.
Shailendrakumar further said that the double track project on Udhna-Jalgaon route is in progress with completion of 90 km doubling so far. The total length is 300 km which is likely to be achieved by March 2017. On completion of this project, the trains connecting Mumbai to north India will pass through Udhna and therefore the overburdened Surat railway station will get relief.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies