Barring few Patel populated pockets, Gujarat uneventful after Hardik’s detentionSeptember 19, 2015
Unlike 25/August, there was no major protest after Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti convener Hardik Patel’s detention today across Gujarat. Protests took place at lesser places compared to last month. Protests were low intensity, token and non-violent. Following are the details of protests:
– A group of Patidar women blocked road at Modhera cross roads in Mahesana.
– State Reserve Police(SRP) vehicle was damaged in Kapodra area of Surat. Police lobbed 15 tear gas shells.
– Groups of Patidar women blocked road between Shyam Shikhar complex to Thakkarbapanagar in Bapunagar – India Colony area.
– In Kansa village near Visnagar, teargas shells were lobbed by police to disburse the crowd. Local Patidars had blocked the highway connecting Visnagar and Kansa by putting obstructions.
– GSRTC stopped bus services to Unjha and Vijapur to avoid any possible damages.
– Patidars dominated Varachha, Puna, Kapodra, Sarthana areas of Surat witnessed partial shut down by evening.
– Patidars blocked highway road at one place in Jamnagar district by uprooting trees.
– Bus Rapid Transit System(BRST) service was put on halt on Narol-Naroda route in Ahmedabad.
– Incidents of stone pelting were noticed near CTM char rasta and Thakkarbapanagar.
– Buses to Bapunagar and Nikol area were suspended today.
– Crowds of Paidar blocked national highway number 8 in Ahmedabad.
– BRTS and city bus services were restricted in Surat.
– Teams of State Reserve Police and Rapid Action Force(RAF) were deployed in Ahmedabad.
– According to Manoj Agrawal, IG, Law and Order Gujarat Police, 12 companies of BSF and 12 companies of RAF were on duty to maintain law and order.
– Patidars stopped traffic on Savarkundla-Amreli highway. Two ST buses were targeted with stones in Botad.
– Buses to Patidar dominated areas of Surat were diverted to alternative routes apprehending attacks.
– Chakka jam of road was also reported from Bagasara in Saurashtra.
– At most of the places mentioned above, groups of Patidar women were on roads making noise with steep plates and spoon.
– Patidars damaged Vastra Nirant chokdi based Metro project site and attempted to uproot the tracks. Police lobbed tear gas shells to control the crowd on rampage.
– In Krushna Nagar area, Patidars attacked BJP ward president Shivram Patel’s house.
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls
- Rahul Gandhi addresses media, reacts to Lok Sabha election verdict
- BJP chief Shah takes lead of over 4.86 lakh votes, surpasses Advani's lead figure