Anti Corruption Bureau in Gujarat nabs a town Congress president taking bribe of Rs one lakh from a contractorAugust 10, 2018
The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed red handed Sojitra town Congress president Yogesh J Patel taking a bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a contractor in the name of getting his bill passed in the local municipality.
PI ACB of Vadodara Rural unit R N Dave, who led the trap and caught Patel from near a canal near Dali village on Sojitra Tarapur road in Anand district of Central Gujarat, said that 66 year old former member of local municipality and current town president of Congress, a resident of Sojitra itself had asked for Rs 1 lakh 30 thousand from a contractor for getting his bill of 10.91 lakh for construction of the wall of a graveyard, cleared by the president of the party led local body and the chief officer.
He was caught red handed taking a bribe of Rs 1 lakh from the complainant.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies