Jamnagar – Rural Congress MLA Vallabh Dharaviya resigns, joins BJPMarch 11, 2019
Gandhinagar: In another jolt to main opposition Congress party, Jamnagar Rural MLA of Congress Vallabh Dharaviya has resigned from Congress party. Dharaviya was in Gandhinagar to submit his resignation to Assembly Speaker today. Dharaviya later joined BJP in presence of State BJP chief Jitu Vaghani. Dharaviya hails from Sathvara community.
Speaker Rajendra Trivedi speaking to media persons said the MLA resigned at 1.35 pm at Speaker’s residence voluntarily without any pressure and allurement. His resignation has been accepted and the seat goes vacant with this. The resignation has been sent to assembly secretary.
Before Dharaviya, Congress MLAs from Manvadar, Unjha and Halvad Dhrandhra have resigned recently and joined BJP while Jasdan MLA Kunvarji Bavaliiya resigned last year to join BJP. Another Congress MLA representing Talala seat has been disqualified after he was given 2 year term by local court in Sutrapada in mineral theft case.
- Gujarat govt. not to organize Shala Praveshotsav this year
- Gujarat govt to amend law for ban on e-cigarettes
- A committee to look into One Nation, One Election initiative
- School vans in Ahmedabad to remain on strike tomorrow: Vardhi Association
- Another incident of blast in mobile phone battery in Gujarat
- Temperatures to rise by 2 to 3 °C in the next two days, feeling of humid hotness to increase: Met