Godhra verdict:31 guilty, 63 acquitted, punishment on 25 FebruaryFebruary 22, 2011
Godhra verdict:31 guilty, 63 acquitted, punishment on 25 February
Ahmedabad, 22 February, 2011
Core members of a group of Muslims in Godhra who conspired the Sabarmati express train carnage in 2002 are living freely in Pakistan, the country that is known to harbor the terrorists. Though red corner notice are issued against several accused, only one of them has been arrested so far, and he too has been acquitted in Tuesday’s verdict delivered by court in Ahmedabad.
According to today’s verdict, three accused Salim Haji Ibrahim Panwala, Shaukat Ahmed Charkha alias Lalu and Faruk Bhano are still at large and are not arrested in Godhra case.
Originally Godhra train attack’s four accused were traced to be in Pakistan and Red corner notices were issued against them. However only one of them – Ibrahim alias Kachuka could be arrested in 2009 when he was returning from Pakistan in train.
Two accused Salim Panwala and Charkho are not arrested yet because they are presently enjoying safe heaven in Pakistan according to Police version, while main culprit Bhano is untraceable and therefore no red corner notice has been issued against him. He could be in any country at any location.
- Gujarat State Children's Science Congress to be held during 30th Nov. to 2nd Dec.
- Days of operation of two Vande Bharat Express trains to be changed
- IMD predicts two more days of unseasonal light rains in parts of Gujarat
- Akshay Kumar, Disha Patni attend closing ceremony of Kudo tournament in Surat
- Trades from Jamnagar and Dwarka need to visit Junagadh for GST biometric
- One nabbed for harassments and stalking of a minor Hindu girl
- PM Narendra Modi converses with laborers rescued from collapsed Uttarkashi tunnel