Cow suffers injury as garbage explodes in its mouth


A cow was today injured when an object from the garbage that she had been chewing exploded in its mouth in Alwar district in Rajasthan.

“The incident took place when the animal was grazing in a farm where the garbage was dumped. While chewing an object from the garbage, a minor blast occurred and its mouth got blown off,” police said, adding, the cow has been shifted to a veterinary hospital for surgery.

Animal rights activists claimed that this was the second such incident reported in Tehla area in the past few days and alleged that remains of explosives used in illegal mining are dumped in garbage which were causing such incidents.

Kedar Sharma, an activist, claimed that about a week ago, a similar incident had occurred in the area when a cow died after its mouth was blown off.

“A complaint had been lodged with the police when the first incident occurred but no action was taken against those who dumped such objects in garbage,” Sanjeev Sankhla, another activist, said.

So far, no case in this regard has been registered.

© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.