Revenue Department sacks 5 GAS Cadre officers guilty of scams and malpracticeAugust 08, 2022
Gandhinagar: The revenue department has permanently dismissed five Gujarat Administrative Service-GAS cadre officers after finding them accountable for scams and malpractice in the primary investigation.
The revenue department published a notification with the signature of revenue department deputy secretary Amit Raval on Saturday dismissing the five officers.
The five GAS officers are
1. BS Khokhariya- special land acquisition officer, Ahmedabad
2. IV Desai- Deputy DDO, Surendranagar
3. NJ Kumpavat- deputy election officer, Amreli
4. JD Joshi- deputy director, Panchayati Raj Training center, Junagadh
5. RB Pakhvala- deputy collector, Ghudkhar sanctuary, Kutch
The government services of those GAS officers are reviewed, against whom the complaints of mismanagement, and indiscipline is made; found guilty in the primary investigation; and on sick leave for a long time, as per Gujarat Civil Services (Pension) Rules 2022 and instructions. The government services of the last 10 years of 33 GAS officers, 50 to 55 years of age were reviewed under the leadership of Revenue Department Additional Chief Secretary Kamal Dayani. The report demanding punitive actions, suspension, and dismissal was submitted to revenue minister Rajendra Trivedi and CM Bhupendra Patel.
The notification dismissing the 5 GAS officers was published on 6th August 2022 following the same.
Out of the 5 officers, BS Khokhariya, IV Desai, and JD Joshi were on sick leave for a long time. The departmental inquiry will continue against RB Pakhwala after dismissal. The five officers were suspended and re-employed for the duty in the past.
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months