Gujarat CEO’s office gets 3350 complaints regarding violation of MCCNovember 25, 2022
Gandhinagar: The election commission has received a total of 3350 complaints regarding violation of model code of conduct (MCC) so far.
The office of chief electoral officer has resolved 3238 out of there 3350 complaints. In all 2133 complaints were filed by C-Vigil app, 649 were filed by mail electronic as well as post and 157 complaints were registered through social media.
As per the sources most of the complaints were about spreading fake news via social media and breach of expenditure limit.
It is noteworthy that the number of complaints is much higher as compared 2017 assembly elections when only 570 complaints in total were received by CEO’s office.
- Ahmedabad Court issues second summons to Tejashwi Yadav in defamation case
- PM to launch Rs. 4500 crore school excellence projects at Bodeli in Gujarat
- Death due to heart attack unrelated to stray cattle capturing drive: CNCD department of AMC clarifies
- Gujarat govt warns aggregator platforms against using non-transport vehicles
- Cow goes on rampage after dog bite, claims woman's life in Bardoli
- Reliance Foundation, ORF, and UN-India to hold two dialogues in New York amid UNGA week
- SpiceJet to restart Surat-Goa direct flight service from Oct 29