PT Teacher of St Xavier Loyola sent to Bhuj jail under PASAFebruary 27, 2023
Ravirajsinh Chauhan, a Physical Training teacher at St Xavier’s Loyola Hall School, has been detained in Palara jail in Bhuj over allegations of sexual harassment and cybercrime. The detention was made under the Prevention of Anti-Social Activities Act (PASA) after he was accused of sexually harassing a ninth-grade student. Chauhan was charged under various sections of the POCSO Act, IPC, and IT Act by Gujarat University police.
Chauhan had been granted bail by the court earlier, but he filed a petition against the possibility of his arrest under PASA, which was ultimately denied. As a result, he was detained in Palara jail. Chauhan was arrested from his residence on October 18, 2022, after being accused of harassing four students by sending them messages. The school conducted an internal inquiry into the matter and found him guilty of misconduct and misbehaviour. As a result, he was suspended and the school plans to appoint a retired judge to initiate action against him.
Initially, three girls had come forward with complaints against Chauhan, but later the number increased to nine. An inquiry was launched into the allegations after receiving written complaints from four students and their parents. DeshGujarat
- Vande Bharat Train sleeper version in 2024; Minister shares photos
- 6 Mini ICU at Motera stadium during matches
- Kashmir to Kevadia; CRPF women bike rally starts
- Southwest Monsoon 2023 withdraws from parts of Gujarat
- Ghee samples failed; Ambaji Mohanthal prasad maker blacklisted, Sabar Dairy files FIR
- SRP Music band to perform at Statue of Unity every week-end
- Protests erupt over Namaz event at school in Ahmedabad