Congress MLAs suspended from State assembly for a day over Ambaji prasad issueMarch 10, 2023
Gandhinagar: The opposition Congress party today raised the issue of Ambaji mandir’s prasad in the State assembly. Party MLA Kantibhai Kharadi raised the issue of change in prasad in the government-managed Ambaji mandir and demanded discussion under rule 116 which was denied by Speaker.
Later when CLP leader Amit Chavda stood up to speak regarding the same, the Speaker objected as it was AAP MLA’s turn to speak. Congress legislators then started chanting the slogans ‘Jay Ambe’ and ‘Jay Jay Ambe’. BJP legislators on the other hand chanted ‘Modi Modi’ slogans.
Congress MLA Geniben Thakor was carrying Mohanthal prasad which she gave to former minister Ganpat Vasava. The MLAs then entered the well area of the floor, following which minister Rushikesh Patel sought their suspension.
Watch | Opposition Congress MLAs chant slogans in the State assembly complex protesting replacement of conventional Monanthal prasad with Chiki prasad at Government managed Ambaji mandir. The Congress MLAs were earlier suspended from the house over the same issue. pic.twitter.com/YXJkqfWsWj
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) March 10, 2023
The Speaker declared the suspension of Congress MLAs for a day. The Congress MLAs came out of the house with placards in their hands and chanting slogans. They were carrying Mohanthal prasad in their hands. It’s worth noting that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) affiliated Viswa Hindu Parishad is also protesting the government’s decision to replace conventional Mohanthal prasad with Chiki prasad.
It was commented from the ruling dispensation that Congress MLAs wanted to leave the house before a discussion on BJP MLA’s resolution against the BBC documentary on Gujarat riots, and therefore they were creating a ruckus over the Ambaji prasad issue to attract suspension.
Minister Rushikesh Patel speaking to media persons said that it was Congress party’s stunt to get coverage in media and nothing else.
- Ahmedabad Court issues second summons to Tejashwi Yadav in defamation case
- PM to launch Rs. 4500 crore school excellence projects at Bodeli in Gujarat
- Death due to heart attack unrelated to stray cattle capturing drive: CNCD department of AMC clarifies
- Gujarat govt warns aggregator platforms against using non-transport vehicles
- Cow goes on rampage after dog bite, claims woman's life in Bardoli
- Reliance Foundation, ORF, and UN-India to hold two dialogues in New York amid UNGA week
- SpiceJet to restart Surat-Goa direct flight service from Oct 29