Youtuber booked for spreading fake news about Bageshwar Dham SarkarMarch 10, 2023
Ahmedabad: The Cybercrime police lodged a complaint on Tuesday against an unidentified person for spreading fake news about religious leader Dhirendra Krishna Shastri, aka Bageshwar Dham Sarkar, accusing him of committing rape.
A police sub-inspector, H N Prajapati, was assigned the task of monitoring social media to prevent the spread of fake news that could lead to law and order issues. Prajapati discovered two fake news stories on a YouTube channel. One claimed that 30 children died in a school bus fire, while the other accused Shastri of being a rape suspect and claimed that the police were reluctant to arrest him.
The Cybercrime police named the YouTuber who operates a channel called Khedut Samachar in the FIR for spreading false information through these two stories. The accused is booked for forgery and for spreading public mischief that could incite enmity and hatred between classes. DeshGujarat
- Ahmedabad Court issues second summons to Tejashwi Yadav in defamation case
- PM to launch Rs. 4500 crore school excellence projects at Bodeli in Gujarat
- Death due to heart attack unrelated to stray cattle capturing drive: CNCD department of AMC clarifies
- Gujarat govt warns aggregator platforms against using non-transport vehicles
- Cow goes on rampage after dog bite, claims woman's life in Bardoli
- Reliance Foundation, ORF, and UN-India to hold two dialogues in New York amid UNGA week
- SpiceJet to restart Surat-Goa direct flight service from Oct 29