Stone pelting on Ram Navami processions in VadodaraMarch 30, 2023
Updates: Ram Navami profession attacked again with stones in the evening in Muslims populated Fatepur area. Police lobbed tear gas shells. Police Commissioner Dr. Shamsher Singh himself enters the field to guard the procession. MoS Home, Harsh Sanghavi has reportedly asked police to nab the culprits by midnight today. Sanghavi has reportedly canceled his participation in Ram Navami function in Surat. A meeting of top police officers was held in the State capital Gandhinagar. More police force has been called from neighboring districts to Vadodara.
Vadodara: Radical Muslims attacked Ram Navami procession near Panjrigar mohalla in Vadodara with stones, said Vishwa Hindu Parishad.
According to a Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP)’s local office bearer Vishnubhai Prajapati, the attack was massive but murti was saved.
Prajapati said a 200 to 500-strong crowd came on the road from various streets and started pelting stones.
The incident happened at Panjrigar Mohalla. Over a dozen vehicles were also damaged in the attack. The procession organized by Karelibag prakhand of Vishwa Hindu Parishad to mark Ram Navami proceeded amid an attack on its planned route. Those, part of the procession also pelted stones.
DCP of city police said none was injured in this incident and peace was restored. DeshGujarat
- Bollywood celebs, Hollywood icons, and industrialists arrive in Jamnagar for Anant-Radhika pre-wedding
- Mahesh Vasava meets CR Patil; Joita Patel set to join BJP
- Air India launches Bhuj-Mumbai direct flight service
- Opening of IN-SPACe's Technical Centre at Bopal, Gujarat on March 5
- Paldi Jalaram Mandir under-bridge to open for traffic on 4 March
- GST revenue in Gujarat up by 15% in February 2024 compared to February 2023
- Tata's N. Chandrasekaran visits Dholera a day after announcement of semiconductor fab unit