Gujarat HC satisfied with security arrangement during festivalsApril 22, 2023
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat high court on Friday expressed contentment with the state govt.’s security arrangements for Eid and Parshuram Jayanti festivals. It also directed the state to continue similar arrangements for future events.
The government submitted that the public address systems and loudspeakers are banned, and police personnel will be deployed at sensitive points. Vigilance will be maintained with CCTVs, drones, and body-worn cameras.
Satisfied with the security arrangement the court disposed of a PIL that complained of police inaction during religious processions.
The police department cited examples of swift action taken to control communal disturbances and stated that, except for one or two instances, the state has remained peaceful in the past decade. DeshGujarat
- Gujarat High Court dismisses PIL against disturbance caused by loudspeakers at mosques
- Fake Govt offices scam; Dahod Police arrests former IAS
- Upto four lakh hectares damage in standing crops estimated due to unseasonal rains: Gujarat govt
- One nabbed at Ahmedabad airport for carrying 36 beer bottles
- Cadila Pharma commissions Rs. 200 crore API plant at Dahej in Gujarat
- Two-wheeler rider on wrong side and in fast lane of highway dies after hit by SUV
- DSP Asset Managers opens subsidiary company office at GIFT City Gujarat